Thursday, December 2, 2010

Disapproving Glance Proves Fatal to Young Woman

A man is suing his former bosses after he was put before a disciplinary panel - for glaring at a disruptive junior co-worker.

Can anybody guess the co-worker's sex?

I think it's safe to say that no young men would be taken seriously if they demanded disciplinary action be taken against a colleague who merely glared at them.

'My life was ruined after I glared at a colleague' says council worker suing bosses for £330,000

After his disapproving glance, the man was publicly insulted, and subsequently found himself facing disciplinary proceedings, after the young woman complained of "serious harassment," "intimidation" and "constant staring" of a sexual nature.

The disciplinary panel dismissed the allegation of sexual harassment, but found him guilty of "gross misconduct."

Now, if not for feminism - which has slowly turned workplaces into adult daycare for overgrown little girls - she would be the one being disciplined and charged with gross misconduct.

I speak from experience when I say that young women in the workplace can be a royal pain in the ass.

Indeed, I work with one at present, who hardly seems to do her job - rather, she is relaxing in the next room, flirting with guys from other departments, or just hanging around talking incessantly.

About herself - she doesn't seem to have any other interests.

And this is seriously disruptive - it makes it difficult to get on with the work I'm trying to do.

And now I know, that to make even the most passive-aggressive criticism of her disprutive behaviour could result in me being disciplined and found guilty of "gross misconduct."

I also work with a young woman who does get on with her work, without disrupting others, so I am well aware that not all women are like this.

And I admit entirely that it is painful when anyone acts in this way - whether they are male or female.

But only women are insulated from the consequences of their actions. Young men would have to bear the brunt of their colleagues' disapproval - and rightly so.

And I am sure that feminists the world over will celebrate at the fact that men shall just have to struggle on despite the disruptions, while women are 'liberated' to act like spoiled children, doing as they please without ever having to deal with something so traumatic as a disapproving glance.

Which brings me onto my final point.

If women are so hurt by a disapproving glance, what makes them think that they belong in the workplace?

If we have to restructure the whole office dynamic, regulate all conversations, and even monitor how we look at each other, all to make women feel secure - what makes them think that they are equal to men?

Can anybody answer me - why, if women are so vulnerable that they feel the need to lodge an official complaint when looked at in a certain way, do they think that they can handle the real world?

Particularly those women who bleat on and on about how 'strong' they are.

It seems obvious to me that anybody who reacts like this young woman did is profoundly weak. And thanks to her profound weakness, and to the insistence of feminists that women are the paragon of strength, a man's career is over and he is taking daily medication for depression.

Let's hope he wins his case.

No comments:

Post a Comment