Saturday, December 4, 2010

Jezebel is a Haven for Domestic Abusers

This link has made its way around the MRM recently. It's from the feminist site Jezebel and is named

Have You Ever Beat Up A Boyfriend? Cause, Uh, We Have

Note the flippant tone, the sassy indifference, the disgraceful double standard regarding the treatment of domestic violence.

According to a study of relationships that engage in nonreciprocal violence, a whopping 70% are perpetrated by women. So basically that means that girls are beating up their BFs and husbands and the dudes aren't fighting back.

Can you imagine the same tone, the same language, used in a piece about men beating up their girlfriends? The message is clear - even when men are victims, we just don't care, and think it's kind of funny, actually.

With Amy Winehouse busting open a can of whupass on her husband last week

"Busting open a can of whupass." I must remember that one.

Unprovoked and nonreciprocal violence against men is just a lark to these people.

we decided to conduct an informal survey of the Jezebels to see who's gotten violent with their men. After reviewing the answers, let's just say that it'd be wise to never ever fuck with us.

Threats directed at men in general; admission that several staff members at Jezebel are domestic abusers.

So, what does this make Jezebel? Going on this article, it appears to be a place for violent abusers to congregate and share stories, mocking their victims. Let's check out some of the comments:

I will throw a plastic laundry hamper at your head, bite your hand and whip you once with your leather belt if you ever rain on our parade like this again.

Atta girl!

and if the bf slapped me just as i've- thakfully infrequently and very guiltily- slapped him, i'd freak out.

but i do see the difference between a "i hate you, you stupid bitch" smack and a "god, stop yelling biggie smalls lyrics already when i've told you to stop for five minutes!" smack.

You're right. Violence is violence. And violence is usually wrong. But I can tell you that I don't feel one ounce of shame for what these women have written

those assholes deserve it.

1) I punched him in the face when he showed up to my birthday party with another girl...a week after we broke up.
2) I threw his cellphone at his stupid ugly head for being a cheating asshole texting another woman from my house. Unfortunately for him, my aim is true, not once, but twice.
Fuck them both, I'd do it again many times over.

I got in his face and said,"Choke me mothefucker but you better kill me because if I make it off the floor I am going to beat your ass so hard no one will recognize your face!"

I've (open-palm) smacked my lovely, perfect, wonderful boyfriend about twice since moving in with him. Never with full force (as I have a black belt, and I know that my full force is disabling when used correctly), but GOD do I feel terrible afterward.

"..threw him across the room by his penis."

You didn't cut off his dick and choke him with it. Given the circumstances, I think you were rather ladylike.

I hurled a plastic laundry hamper at his head, bit him when he wouldn't let me see who he was furtively texting on his Blackberry, and whipped him once with his leather belt.

It's okay, ladies. They can just consider it payback for binding our feet, shoving our chunklet asses into corsets, leaving chick babies on mountaintops, droolin over size 0 asses, and generally making us miserable for centuries. My favorite phrase that no one doubts? "I will punch you in the neck."

I slapped him on his birthday, for telling me something I asked him to tell me in the first place

I think sometimes women take advantage of the fact that most men KNOW they'd better not hit a woman, because the consequences are (rightfully) dire.

Stay classy, ladies.

Jezebel is obviously a haven for abusers to share stories. The website incites violence and should probably be shut down.

3 comments:

  1. "Jezebel is obviously a haven for abusers to share stories. The website incites violence and should probably be shut down. "

    Nope. Keep it up. That way we can keep a weather eye out on the trend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That raises a policy question: Is it better to shame them and make them shut up, or to encourage them to speak freely in order to gather as much evidence as possible against them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "That raises a policy question: Is it better to shame them and make them shut up"

    You can get them to shut up?

    Seriously though,I'd try,but everything a man does is either rape,sexual harassment,or domestic violence these days.I'm pretty sure stopping a woman from spewing verbal abuse is against some kind of feminist law.

    ReplyDelete